PRAYER SCRIPTURES AND PRAYERS
An effective prayer life is built on the Word. Always take the Word with you to prayer, then you can be assured of getting results.
As you are praying, don’t overlook the leading of the Spirit. If He prompts you to pray in a particular direction, be sensitive to follow His leading, for He is your great Helper in this divine work.
John Wesley stated, “God is limited by our prayer life. It seems He can do nothing for humanity unless someone asks Him to.” God has delegated authority to His people on the earth; therefore, He can’t move for humanity unless those with the authority ask Him to.
“Praying always with all prayer (all kinds of prayer) and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.”
- The Prayer of Faith — the prayer of petition, the prayer to change things (Mark 11:24). This prayer is releasing faith for what the Word reveals belongs to us. This prayer never contains the phrase, “If it be Thy will.”
- The Prayer of Consecration — the prayer to consecrate and dedicate our lives for God’s use, to go anywhere and do anything He directs. This is a prayer to be prayed regularly. In this prayer, we pray, “If it be Thy will,” for we don’t always know all His plan contains for our lives (Luke 22:42)
- The Prayer of Commitment — casting your cares upon the Lord in prayer (1 Peter 5:7)
- The Prayer of Praise & Worship (Heb. 13:15)
- The Prayer of Agreement (Matt. 18:18-20)
- Prayer in the Spirit — praying in tongues (1 Cor. 14:14, 15)
- United Prayer (Acts 4:23-31)
- The Prayer of Supplication — a humble, earnest entreaty or request (James 5:16, AMP). We can pray this prayer for ourselves, for other believers, for all men (including unbelievers), and for those in authority.
- Intercessory Prayer — standing in the gap in prayer between a person or persons who have provoked judgment upon themselves through wrongdoing. Intercession is prayer to hold back the actual execution of that judgment. This prayer is to be made at the prompting of the Holy Spirit and under His direction (Gen. 18:16-33).
SCRIPTURES REGARDING PRAYER
John 11:41 & 42
1 John 5:14 & 15
- If we ask according to His Word, we are authorized to know it’s ours, even before we see it
- If we ask according to the Word, we know we have it!
- Him hearing equals us having
- Once we make a request in prayer, we “watch in the same,” or watch over that request, by continually thanking God that He is working to bring it to pass.
(AMP) — “…pray [also] for one another, that ye may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].”
- A righteous man has tremendous power available to him
- It is accessed by asking in faith and then continuing with thanksgiving
- Power can be had in measures. As we continue in prayer, a greater measure of power flows.
- Power flows at the time we pray
PRAYING FOR GOVERNMENT LEADERS
1 Timothy 2:1-4
I pray for all those that are in authority on the national, state, and local levels. I lift up the president, vice-president, senate, congress, branches of government, government agencies, judges, governors, mayors, law enforcement officers, and all in authority. I ask You to give wisdom to those who are in authority to govern in a way that fulfills Your plan in the earth and blesses the people, and that we, the Body of Christ, may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. I lift up Your will for the next president, vice president, and other leaders. I pray that the men of Your choosing would be known, raised up, strengthened for the task, and kept by Your power to fulfill Your plan.
- Our authority reaches to and beyond the highest office in the land and up to the throne of God, where we are seated with Christ and where our authority stems from.
Satan, I bind you and command you to take your hands off this nation, this state, and this community. Take your hands off the social, political, and economic arenas. I loose the power of God to accomplish the will of God.
- The “keys of the kingdom of Heaven” are the dominion and the authority Heaven has given to every believer.
- Heaven is waiting on someone in the earth to bind and loose so Heaven can back it up.
- I can always bind and loose regarding things of my personal life, but for the things beyond my personal life, I have to bind and loose at the leading of the Spirit, not of my own accord.
2 Thessalonians 3:1 & 2
I ask and believe for Your Word to have free course and be unhindered and glorified in this nation, state, and community and that unreasonable and wicked leaders will be removed from office and that You raise up right men to serve in those positions. I pray that unrighteous laws be overturned and that righteous laws be enacted and upheld.
PRAYING FOR REVIVAL
(In the earth, nation, state, community, & local churches)
I ask for and believe for the rain of the Spirit and revival to spread in the earth, in this nation, in this state, and in this city. I believe for it to flow to its full measure, and I thank You that You shall make bright clouds (send lightnings of Your power) and give showers of rain.
- Just because it’s “the time of the latter rain” doesn’t mean the rain will come automatically. We still must ask, even though it’s time.
- This verse tells us that when we do our part of asking, He shall do His part — “…the Lord SHALL make bright clouds (lightnings), and give them showers of rain….”
To have a harvest:
- Plant the seed — this is what Christians do as they preach and teach the Word.
- Water the seed — when someone hears the Word for the first time, the seed is being planted. When they hear that same truth again, that seed is being watered. The Word must continue to be preached and heard for the watering to take place.
- The rains come — God sends the rain, the outpouring and moving of the Spirit. There is no harvest without the rains. When we do our part of asking God to send the rain, then He will do His part and give it.
- Reap the harvest — this is our part. Christians must go and reap the harvest.
“Every generation must be evangelized and taught.”
– Kenneth E. Hagin
I pray, Lord of the harvest, that You will raise up laborers to send forth into Your harvest.
- We must be sensitive to follow the leading of the Spirit in prayer. Isaiah 66:8 tells us, “…as soon as Zion (the Church is now Zion) travailed, she brought forth her children.”
- There is a travail in the Spirit, but it is not something we force or try to make happen. However, we are to be available and sensitive should the Spirit move this way
PRAYING FOR THE CONGREGATION & ALL BELIEVERS
Father, I lift up my church family and believers everywhere. I pray for them:
1 Thessalonians 5:23
(AMP) — “And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [separate you from profane things, make you pure and wholly consecrated to God]; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete [and found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).”
2 Thessalonians 1:11 & 12
Hebrews 13:20 & 21
PRAYING FOR YOUR PASTOR & ALL MINISTERS
Father, I lift up to You my pastor and ministers everywhere. I pray for them:
Colossians 4:3 & 4
Acts 4:29 & 30
“This is a prayer for the power gifts (working of miracles, gifts of healing, and gift of [special] faith) to be in manifestation.”
– Kenneth E. Hagin
2 Thessalonians 3:1 & 2
Romans 15:31 & 32
PRAYING FOR FAMILY
The Lord has set you as a watch- man over your family. You may not be able to change every situation regarding their needs, but those things that can be changed, God expects them to be changed!” He expects us to use our faith and authority, not only to bless our own lives, but also the lives of our loved ones.
Isaiah 62:6 & 7
Father, I lift up my family members. I pray for them: (Select scriptures that fit the needs of your family.)
…convinced and fully assured in everything willed by God).”
1 Thessalonians 5:23
- Without a shepherd, believers will faint and be scattered. There- fore, I pray the following for my loved ones:
Father, I ask You to help all my loved ones to see their need to have a pastor, and I trust You to give them to a pastor who will lead them into the light of the Word.
Father, I thank You that my family is kept by the power of God (1 Pet. 1:5) and that they are strengthened with might by Your Spirit in their inner man (Eph. 3:16). I pray for them that their faith will not fail (Luke 22:32), and I thank You that the angels of Heaven have charge over this family and keep us in all our ways (Ps. 91:11).
I pray and believe, Lord of the harvest, for You to send laborers to my unsaved relatives.
I believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and my house (family & relatives) shall be saved.
PRAYERS FOR YOURSELF
take them for myself. You can pray them or claim them for yourself. These scriptures show us what belongs to us, so I just take them for myself, yet I pray
- I TAKE unto myself the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of my understanding are enlightened; that I know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power to me, for I believe (Eph. 1:17-19).
- I am kept by the power of God (1 Peter 1:5).
- Angels have charge over me (Ps. 91:11).
- I am walking in love, so my faith works (Gal. 5:6).
- I have no fear, and I have cast all my care on Him, so my faith works.
- Divine life & health are mine. The Healer is in me, and divine life and the health of God are in me.
- Jesus made me rich (2 Cor. 8:9). I was born into prosperity at the new birth. Supply is easy for me, the resources of God are mine, and every need has a supply.